|Model #||Calcite Media|
|Recommended Use||Acid Neutralizer|
Calcite is a naturally-occurring material, i.e. Calcium Carbonate. It is crushed and screened with marble media. The media is used to balance the pH balance of water. It removes acidity in water and leaves it in neutral form as a less corrosive effluent. It is used in residential and commercial acid neutralization systems. It comprises of pure calcium carbonate (calcite) replacement media for pH neutralizers. One of the advantages of calcite is its? natural creation, making it rather cheap. It has a slower reaction for controlled pH correction. The media has low uniformity which helps for ensuring maximum contact. The media comes in a 1/2 cu. Ft bag.
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- Color: Off White / Grey
- Bulk Density: 90 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 16 x 40
- Specific Gravity: 2.7
- Effective Size: 0.4 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.5
- Hardness: 3.0 (Mohs scale)
- A gravel support bed is recommended
- Water pH range: 5.0-7.0
- Bed depth: 24-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth
- Service flow rate: 3-6 gpm/sq. ft.